Dear Chaparral Families,
We hope everyone’s school year is off to a great start. We want to begin our message this month with gratitude. Thank you to the following Committee Chairs/Coordinators/Exec Board Members who worked over the summer and into the first few weeks of school to ensure that our events, programs and communication kicked off flawlessly in the new school year:
- Beth Anson and Lisa Dumke – Room Parents Program
- April Baer – PFC Website updates
- Felice Becker, Grace Fisher, and Amanda Madnick – J/Kinder Welcome Breakfast
- Kim Becker – Sponsorship Program
- Laura Berlant and Desiree Terian – Community Discount Cards, Restaurant Nights planning
- Lisa Dumke, Ghazal Hafizi, and Alex Rosas – J/K Parent Orientation Hospitality
- Amy Gray and Susan Harrison – Donor Drive preparation
- Susie Ming – Emergency supplies review and replenishment; Digital Directory roll-out
- Stacie Nakamoto – Marquee updates
- Deb Shapiro – Cub Wear inventory and sales
- Sara Traband – August Back-to-School Cub Corner Print Edition
- Allyson Watson – Teacher Appreciation Welcome Back Lunch
A special thanks to the many volunteers who sacrificed several hours on the last day of summer break to help Registration for grades 1-5 run so smoothly. We are truly grateful! Ben Abadian, Beth Anson, April Baer, Kim Becker, Laura Berlant, Sybil Berman, Richelle Blanken, Ali Brown, Joanna Cooper, Suzy Cooper, Stacy Dishlip, Lisa Dumke, Joy Ferrante, Julie Gesas, Amy Gray, Ghazal Hafizi, Chrissie Hand, Susan Harrison, Erin Mayer, Susie Ming, Jessica Nedick, Maria Nicolacakis, Lisa Opolion, Mira Rocca, Minoo Rostami, Kristy Scott, Meredith Sesser, Deb Shapiro, Kim Shubeck, Carrie Slatoff, Desiree Terian, Sara Traband, Allyson Watson, Jen York, Gloria Yoo, and anyone we inadvertently missed! Thank you to Laura Moede and Boys & Girls Club for generously providing childcare for Registration volunteers. We are grateful for your continued partnership.
Additional thanks to the volunteers who helped the drop-off line run so smoothly for the first week and a half of school. We know this isn’t easy when your own kids are starting school! Afsoon Abadian, Beth Anson (organizer), April Baer, Kim Becker, Laura Berlant, Lisa Dumke (organizer), Toni Edwards, Joy Ferrante, Amy Gray, Ghazal Hafizi, Susan Harrison, Jessica Larson, Susie Ming, Jessica Nedick, Debbie Rudnick, Kristy Scott, Meredith Sesser, Carrie Slatoff, Allyson Watson, Gloria Yoo, and Jen York.
Last but not least, a huge thank you to Donna Welti in the Main Office for supporting our numerous requests for data. Another huge thank you goes to Jim McHorney for tirelessly transforming the MPR and other parts of the campus to support our events and programs. We couldn’t do it without you.
A few important announcements:
- We are excited to announce the rollout of our new online directory. Please make sure you download the DirectorySpot app on your phone so you can take advantage of this easy-to-use directory. Special thanks to Susie Ming, Directory Coordinator, for implementing the directory so smoothly.
- Donor Drive is ON and the competition to get to 100% participation is heating up! Every class that reaches this milestone by September 22 gets a free pizza and ice cream party. Last year, six classes got to enjoy a party! Please go to SchoolPay.com and make your donation now. For more information, click here. Thank you to Amy Gray and Susan Harrison, Co-VPs Donor Drive, for all of their hard work executing this crucial drive.
- Please donate $10 (per family) to our Disaster Preparedness Fund on SchoolPay.com so we can ensure we have sufficient supplies on campus in case of an emergency.
- We had an amazing turnout for our first PFC Meeting and Coffee with the Principal this past week. Let’s keep up the momentum! Please mark your calendars for the next exciting PFC Meeting 8:15am Wednesday, October 4 in the MPR.
- Save the date for our Movie Night Friday, October 6. This fun, PFC-sponsored event takes place on the Upper Yard with a huge inflatable screen, food, candy, glow accessories, popcorn and more! Don’t forget your low chairs and blankets. For more information, please contact our Movie Night Coordinator, Beth Anson.
Please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or stop by the PFC Office during our office hours – every Monday and Wednesday mornings. We look forward to hearing from you!
Ann Park and Jason Weilert