Dear Chaparral Families,
We hope everyone’s school year is off to a great start. We want to begin our message this month by thanking the following Committee Chairs/Coordinators/Exec Board Members who worked over the summer and into the first few weeks of school to ensure that our events, programs, and communication kicked off flawlessly in the new school year:
- Beth Anson and Lisa Dumke – Room Parents Program
- April Baer – PFC Website updates
- Julie Berkus and Lindsay Vaisman– J/Kinder Welcome Breakfast and other J/Kinder summer events
- Kim Becker – Sponsorship Program
- Laura Berlant and Emily Stearn – Community Discount Cards, Restaurant nights planning
- Amy Gray and Susan Harrison – Donor Drive preparation
- Susie Ming – Emergency supplies review and replenishment; Digital Directory roll-out
- Deb Shapiro – Cub Wear inventory and sales
- Elizabeth Smith – August Back-to-School Cub Corner Print Edition
- Jenna Wood and Alana Schwartz – Teacher Appreciation Welcome Back Lunch
And, a special thanks to the many volunteers who sacrificed several hours on the last day of summer break to help Registration for grades 1-5 run so smoothly. We are truly grateful! Amanda Madnick, Amy Gray, April Baer, Ben Abadian, Deb Shapiro, Desiree Terian, Emily Stearn, Erica Salisbury, Gloria Yoo, Grace Fischer, Jessica Nedick, Julie Berkus, Kim Becker, Kristy Scott, Laura Berlant, Lindsay Vaisman, Lisa Dumke, Lisa Opolion, Meredith Sesser, Mira Rocca, Richelle Blanken, Sadie Novello, Suzy Cooper, Sybil Berman, Allyson Watson, Beth Anson, Erin Mayer, Ghazal Hafizi, Joanna Cooper, Julie Gesas, Kate Haney, Minoo Rostami, Miranda Fitzgerald, Susan Harrison, Susie Ming, Toni Edwards, Ann Park, Chrissie Hand and anyone we inadvertently missed!
Last but not least, a big thank you to Donna Welti in the Main Office for supporting our numerous requests for data and Jim McHorney for repeatedly transforming the MPR and other areas of campus to support our events and programs. We couldn’t do it without you. Please stop by the main office to meet the newest member of the team, Sharon Anderson, we are lucky to have her back at Chaparral!
A few important announcements:
- We are excited to announce the roll-out of our online directory. Please make sure you download the DirectorySpot app on your computer and/or phone so you can take advantage of this easy-to-use directory. Special thanks to Susie Ming, Directory Coordinator, for implementing the directory so smoothly.
- Donor Drive is ON and the competition to get to 100% participation is heating up! Any class that reaches this milestone by September 30 gets a free pizza and ice cream party. Last year, we had 85% participation – let’s make it 100% this year! Please go to SchoolPay.com and make your donation now. For more information, click here. Thank you to Amy Gray and Susan Harrison, Co-VPs Donor Drive, for all of their hard work executing this crucial drive.
- Please make sure to donate $10 (per family) to our Disaster Preparedness Fund on SchoolPay.com so we can ensure we have sufficient supplies on campus in case of an emergency.
- We had an amazing turnout for our first PFC Meeting and Coffee with the Principal this week. Let’s keep up the momentum! Please mark your calendars for the next PFC Meeting on Wednesday, October 3 at 8:15 am in the MPR.
- Save the date for our annual Movie Night which is on Friday, September 28. This fun PFC-sponsored event takes place on the Upper Yard with a huge inflatable screen, food, candy, glow accessories, popcorn, and more! Don’t forget your low chairs and blankets. For more information, please contact Beth Anson
Please feel free to email us at email@example.com with any questions or stop by the PFC Office during our office hours – every Monday and Thursday mornings! We look forward to hearing from you!
Jason Weilert & Carrie Slatoff