Dear Chaparral Families,
We just finished the last of our spring events focusing on philanthropy and well-being. Many thanks to Ben Abadian, Melissa Devor, and Maria Nicolacakis, for all of their hard work organizing these meaningful and engaging events.
- Our participation in the Family Rescue Center Clothing + Shoe Drive was a huge success. Many bags of clothing were donated by Chaparral families. Thank you to Ben Abadian for all of his hard work collecting the bags and making sure they got to their destination.
- Students enjoyed a morning of high impact fun and exercise at the “Hoop It Up Kids” Assembly. Thank you to Melissa Devor for organizing the assembly (and other ones throughout the year) for Chaparral!
- Last but not least… the Farmers Market Jamboree was another huge hit! Students, parents, City Council members, District Office, School Board members, and many other community members attended the event. Attendees purchased organic produce and products, did crafts, sang, planted seeds, wrote poetry, relaxed with miniature ponies and learned about wellness while listening to the soothing sounds of our very own “Mama Bears” band. Thank you to Maria and her tireless committee for their incredible vision and execution of this fun and educational event!!
We are speeding towards the end of the year but still have a few important events coming up.
- This week is Staff Appreciation Week. Thank you to those families who signed up to donate dessert and drinks for the Staff Luncheon on Wednesday, May 8! This Wednesday is also Flower Day, so don’t forget to bring stems for your class bouquet.
- We hope you can all join us at our popular Ice Cream Social. We will be selling pizza at a nominal cost of $1 per slice! We will also have Sports coaches facilitating fun games for the kids and Art Camp will be hosting a crafts table. We will once again feature a full ice cream bar with toppings. This free event is our way of saying THANK YOU to all of our dedicated families. We look forward to seeing you on May 15 (J/K-2) and May 16 (Grades 3-5) on the Upper Yard. (5:30-7:30pm)
- The Teachers and Staff cordially invite all parent volunteers to the Volunteer Appreciation Breakfast on Wednesday, May 15 in the MPR, 7:45am-8:30am. This is such a special event – don’t miss it!
- Open House is Wednesday, May 29 and the food trucks will be back! Come early and enjoy dinner and dessert. We have lined up Hang 10 Tacos & Fries (it’s the same truck), Smiley’s Hot Dogs, The Middle Feast and Uncle Chris’ Italian Ice.
- The final PFC Meeting of this school year will take place on Wednesday, June 5. We hope you can join us as we install our new 2019-20 Board. A special invitation goes out to all of our graduating parents so we can thank you one last time for all of your hard work over the years.
We hope to see you at these upcoming events!
Finally, we would like to take a minute to thank a few behind-the-scenes volunteers who quietly put in countless hours year-round to support PFC operations and ensure our success. We couldn’t do it without them.
- Beth Anson & Lisa Dumke, Co-VP Room Parents, who facilitate communications and events involving room parents
- April Baer, Co-VP Communications, who maintains our ChaparralPFC.org website
- Kim Becker, VP Sponsorship, who secures the various forms of sponsorships including fence banners, programs, and digital avenues
- Amanda Kramer, Recording Secretary, who documents all of our meetings
- Kate Haney, Treasurer, who oversees PFC financials
- Elizbeth Smith, Co-VP Communications, who publishes our weekly Cub Corner
- Ghazal Hafizi, Financial Secretary, who makes sure our money gets deposited safely
Thank you all for your continued support of the PFC and Chaparral! We are looking forward to a strong finish to the school year!!
Jason Weilert & Carrie Slatoff